Saturday, June 02, 2012

Couldn’t have drawn it up any better

The last few weeks have been overwhelming to say the least, so it has seemed like a minor miracle that my family and I are in a stretch of three straight evenings with nothing to do but be home and be together. Today (Saturday) is probably the best Saturday we’ve had as a family in a long time.

We made our usual Krispy Kreme run but this time got them to go, as we were headed to Levering Orchard in Ararat, VA to pick cherries with another family from Grace  that we really love. The drive was amazing, the “are we there yets” were minimal, and when we arrived, the temperature was mid-60’s, sunny, and breezy. It was so quiet and peaceful (except for making sure our kids didn’t fall off any ladders while they picked cherries). We came in $2 under budget for what we picked, saw some other friends from Greensboro who were there, too, and had a great lunch on the way back with our friends from Grace.

When we got home, we plugged the kids into the Wii and computer games for an hour, and Diane gardened, and I got to vacuum the cars out (which actually is a treat for me) and to shovel about 200 pounds of gravel and dirt out of our curbside.

Then Jacob and Psalter and I played whiffle ball until dinner, which was finished off with cherry chocolate chip milkshakes, and then we all watched Tin Tin, which ended up being an amazing movie.

What was great about today was that I was with my family for almost the entirety and we had so much fun – we laughed, played, and enjoyed being together. We were able to watch an adventure movie without any of the kids getting scared. We had some great time with friends. AND I even feel like I got a couple of things done around the house that were just sitting there waiting on me. This is a day that I will always be thankful for because it was restful, joyful, and it was a reminder of how God has filled my life with good things.

Not a profound post, but definitely a thankful one.

No comments: