Tuesday, January 31, 2006

For your funny bone

The first is to my friend Cory Cavin's blog. Cory is one of the funniest people I know and his writing is great. Of the current posts, "germ warfare" is great, as is "meanderings and wanderings of the day."

The next is to a video called Baby Got Book, which takes Sir Mix Alot's similarly-named hit and twists it to talk about Bibles. Now, I know that this is the height of cheese and all my cynical IV staff friends will enjoy mocking this Christian subculture silliness. But I post it because even if the content is sad, what is EXCELLENT is how closely the rhymes and rythm and flow follow the original "Baby Got Back." (There's even a shout out to the Alex Kirk wide-margin Bible). That takes time and creativity and is something that really appreciate (Weird Al is the master of this). Go ahead, look, it won't hurt you. "I ain't talkin' about a paraphrase, cause Paul wouldn't use that anyways."

No comments: