Sunday, March 19, 2006

Seven long months

Seven long months.

Since October I have lived and breathed UNC basketball. I was at the opening game against Gardner Webb, a squeaker that had me asking, “Who’s going to guard JJ Reddick? Who's going to help us beat State?” I was at the Illinios game that showed our team could play with the best in the country. I watched us beat Kentucky, and that was the game that I fell in love with this basketball team.

And now I have to wait seven long months until UNC basketball begins again. My main consolation is that maybe, just maybe, someone will knock the Dukies out of the tournament (soon, please), and the UNC women will cut down the nets for their tournament.

Today I feel like crying when I think about the loss to George Mason, and I am very thankful for an overachieving and very fun basketball season.

Seven long months to go.

A great article on the end of UNC's season

No comments: